Central University of Gujarat (CUG), Gandhinagar
About Central University of Gujarat
CUG’s approach is to establish a center of excellence with a social commitment by integrating modern, scientific and technical knowledge and skills with basic human ethics and values. The University will set up a model in teaching, research and personality development and will create skilled human resources with a sense of responsibility to society, country and the world.
The Central University of Gujarat in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India was established by the Government of India through an Act of Parliament, Central University Act, 2009.
The university consists of 16 schools, 14 academic departments, and 2 other special centers. CUG’s mission is to provide access to quality education and to give students the opportunity to encourage emerging innovations and technological challenges, international competitiveness and ideas as well as to engage effectively in the action. CUG is also aware of the importance of developing entrepreneurship and educational capabilities for the creation of knowledge, wealth and prosperity for the country as well as for creating peace and happiness for humans.
- Dissemination and advancement of knowledge by providing director and research facilities in different branches of learning.
- Special provision for integrated courses in humanities, social science, science and technology in educational programs.
- Take appropriate measures to promote innovation in teaching-learning methods and interdisciplinary training and research.
- Educate and train individual support for the development of the country.
- Establishment of academic-industry partnership to promote progress in science and technology
- Special focus on social and economic conditions and improvement of the welfare of the people, especially related to their intellectual, academic and cultural development.
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
- School of International Studies
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Environment and Sustainable Development
- School of Nano Science
- School of Library & Information Science
- Special Centres\
Courses of Central University of Gujarat:
- M.PHIL. + PH.D
- PG DIPLOMA