Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT), Gandhinagar
About The Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology is founded in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. Its name was named after the Gujarati entrepreneur and the founder of Reliance Group Dhirubhai Ambani. It is run by Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation and is promoted by Anil Dhirubhai Ambani group. Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology is also known as DA-IICT.
Some men in history have contributed dramatically to the economic fortunes of their country as the founder of Reliance, Dhirubhai H. Ambani. Still left behind a legacy which is more lasting and timeless.
With all the great pioneers, there is more than one unique way to describe Dhirubhai’s true talent: corporate visionary, unmatched strategist, proud patriot, leader of men, architect of India’s capital market, champion of shareholder interest. But Dhirubhai’s role was most liked, perhaps it was India’s greatest money maker. In a lifetime, he started from India’s largest private sector enterprise, ProbeBrazil Scratch.
DA-IICT represents the Wave-4 of Educational Innovation in Gujarat.
- The first wave was a nationalist wave and led by Gandhian experiments in education including Barber Talim. Founded in 1920, the Gujarat Vidyapith was a hybrid model of the University on the basis of Gandhian principles.
- The second wave established a complete chain of educational institutions in Gujarat, mainly private colleges
- The third wave, an induced person, was led by industrialist Kasturbhai Lalbhai and the scientist Vikram Sarabhai and led the establishment of a network of national institutes of international renown. A whole series of notable intellectuals provided leadership to these institutions.
- It was in Wave 4 when the focus shifted to higher education and private partnership. One of the institutions created during this period is DA-IICT. It is a university under the Gujarat State Act. In 2001, the DA-IICT was established in Gandhinagar. This is the only advanced institution named after late Dhirubhai Ambani, the founder of Reliance Group.
- B.Tech. in Information and Communication Technology
- B.Tech. (Hons.) in ICT with minor in Computational Science
- M.Sc. in IT
- M.Sc. ICT in Agriculture and Rural Development
- M.Des. in Communication Design
- M.Tech. in Information and Communication Technology