Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Patiala
About Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
Rajiv Gandhi National Law (RGNUL) was established by the State Legislature of Punjab, Punjab by passing Rajiv Gandhi National University, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act encompassed the national level law university in Punjab, which fulfilled the requirement of the Center for Excellence in Legal Education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization.
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law was working with a heritage building of former Patiala State, Heritage Kothi, The Mall, Patiala (from 2006 to 2013), which is situated in the Patiala city in a pollution-free atmosphere. The main campus of the University is in Sidhuwal, Bhadrasan Road, Patiala, in the area of 50 acres of land. The state-of-the-art complex has an administrative-cum-academic block, a separate library building, auditorium, sports complex, boys and girls hostel, guest house, community hall, health center, residence, stadium, and other facilities. The construction and submission of the hostel have been completed and all RGNUL boys and girls students are staying in the new campus with modern facilities including air conditioning of each room. Faculty members also live in their apartments in the new campus.
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law Currently located in the university’s “academic block”, the University of ACADE is an example of excellence. With a rich collection of world-class library services and books and magazines, this computerized Wi-Fi library has more than 28,000 volumes on its shelf, which includes a wide range of constitutional resources in both formats print and electronic. Besides, 126 periodicals are also subscribing.
Objective of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
- To achieve excellence, develop and provide comprehensive legal education at all levels, including remote and continuing legal education.
- For conducting advanced studies and promoting research in all branches of law.
- Organizing lectures, seminars, symbiosis, workshops, and conferences, to spread legal knowledge and legal processes and their role in national development.
- Promoting cultural, legal and moral values with a visible top remote and promoting the rule of law and promoting the objectives contained in the Constitution of India.
- To improve the ability of the public with the approach to analyze and present contemporary issues of public concern and their impact.
- To contact with higher education and research institutes in India and abroad.
- To organize examinations and to provide degrees and other academic differences.
- Promote legal awareness in the community to achieve social, economic and political justice.
- To conduct studies and training projects related to laws, laws and judicial justice.
- To do all such things for the achievement of all or any purpose of the University, are incidental, necessary or favorable.
Courses of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
- B.A. LL.B (Honours)
- LL.M. ONE YEAR POST GRADUATION COURSE